4-H honorees strengthen worthy program
The Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame was established in 2002 as 4-H celebrated 100 years of a program dedicated to teaching youth life skills.
Every year, Iowa counties select inductees to be recognized for their contributions to 4-H.
Among inductees from north central Iowa are:
– John and Sandee Bonner, of Vincent;
– Marilyn Hundertmark, of Humboldt;
– Roberta Hersom, of Emmetsburg;
– Nancy Jenson, of Pocahontas;
– Pam Henderson, of Webster City;
– Dale Haugland, of Clarion and;
– the late Jamie Buenting, of Rockwell City.
According to the Iowa 4-H Foundation, inductees work tirelessly to see that Iowa’s youth have a great learning experience in a safe and fun environment and have modeled volunteerism, community service, integrity and leadership.
In many cases, those inducted into the Hall of Fame began their 4-H experience as youth, impacting the same lessons they learned on the next generation.
This life-long commitment to the worthy goals of 4-H is to be commended.
The Messenger heartily congratulates all 2014 Hall of Fame honorees.