FD council OKs paving contract
An ambitious street paving program for 2014 was launched Monday by the Fort Dodge City Council.
The council hired Fort Dodge Asphalt Co. to do the work at a cost of $1,193,127.
Chad Schaeffer, the city’s director of engineering, business affairs and community growth, has previously said that this year’s paving project will be larger than usual thanks to increased revenue from the 1-cent local option sales tax.
The list of streets to be repaved includes:
– North 11th Street between Eighth and 14th avenues north
– North 29th Street between 14th and 16th avenues north
– North 25th Street between 10th and 14th avenues north
– North 16th Street between Second and Sixth avenues north
– North 17th Street between Second and Sixth avenues north
– North 18th Street between Second and Sixth avenues north
– North 19th Street between Second and Sixth avenues north
– Sixth Avenue South between 12th and 15th streets
– South 14th Street between Fifth and Seventh avenues south
– Maple Drive
Councilman Dean Hill was absent from the otherwise unanimous vote to award the contract.