Pole fire cuts electricity to nearly 300

VINCENT – Nearly 300 MidAmerican Energy customers lost power for about an hour Wednesday afternoon after a utility pole caught fire in northern Webster County.

The utility pole fire near Union Avenue and 120th Street was reported at 1:28 p.m. The Vincent Fire Department and Webster County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched.

The outage affected 277 customers, according to Abby Bottenfield, a spokeswoman for MidAmerican Energy. She said power to all customers was restored by 2:39 p.m.